- By family knowledge we know that Aaron was born abt. 1790/1795 in Indiana.
- We don't know who his parents are. He was married to Jane ( Jones )
- last name unknown, who was from Kentucky.
- Aaron is on the 1840 Desha Co. Ark. census.
- His family is on the 1850 Drew Co. Smith Township , Ark. census.
- ARRON and JANE JONES
- I can't be 100 percent sure this is my Gt.Gt. Grandparents, perhaps
- 95 percent sure. We know Aaron was born in Indiana in the late 1700s,
- my guess would be 1790. Jane was born in Kentucky 1793. This is what
- i know about them. Aaron Jones , listed as Stepfather to Eliz. Yates
- who married John Sergent on 27 December 1835 by Jas. Bell. This
- marriage took place in Calloway County Kentucky. Aaron married Jane
- Love 27 February 1832 in Calloway Co. Kentucky. They lived in or near
- Bear Creek, Calloway Co. Ky. Tax records from 1831 to 1837 show this
- to be where they were. The 160 acre farm was sold as far as i can tell
- about 1837. 20 slaves are listed in 1833 but i would question this
- information. We know Jane (maiden name unknown) was married to # 1
- husband Yates. To #2 husband William Love, 1822, and to #3 husband
- Aaron Jones 1832. I couldn't find where Aaron had any other marrages
- before Jane. Sometime around 1836/1837 they left Kentucky and went
- to Arkansas. My Gt.Grandfather James Marion Jones was born in Drew
- County Arkansas in 1837. Aaron Jones and family are in Desha Co.
- Arkansas 1840 census. This county borders Drew county. The 1850 Drew
- County, Arkansas census shows Jane as head of the household, with
- son Jackson, Robert, James Marion, and daughters Clara, Mary, and
- Martha. The first 4 were born in Kentucky the others born in Arkansas.
- This census shows Jane to be 57 years old. Aaron is not on this census.
- Land records show that John Sergent and Eliz. had land in Arkansas
- near to Aaron and Jane. This is why i believe this is my GtGt Grandparents.
- O. Jones
- 1850 CENSUS
- Smith Township,Drew County Arkansas
- Household No.393
- Jane Jones___ age 57_ female__ born in Kentucky
- Jackson __ age 18_ male_ farmer_ born in Kentucky.
- Robert__ age 18__male_farmer_ born in Kentucky.
- Clara A. __ age 16__ female__ born in Kentucky.
- Mary J.__ age 13.__ female__ born in Arkansas_ twin.
- James__ age 13_- male_ born in Arkansas_ twin.
- Martha___ age 7__ female__ born in Arkansas.
- Myre Selligman__ age 25__ male__ Peddler_ born in Germany.
- William Howard__ age_ 18_ male_ merchant._ born in Mississippi.
- Aaron is not listed on this census!
- His name is on the Lincoln Co. land records in 1859.
- Arkansas Land Records
- Lincoln Co.______Sec._______Twp.__________Rng.________Acres
- Jones Aaron______10__________10S___________7W______________40__June 1859
- Jones Aaron__________4_____________9S__________7W__________40 November 1848
- Jones Jackson A._______11___________9S______7W__________40______________1861
- Jones Jackson A.____________11___________9S____________7W_______80______1860
- Jones Jackson A.___________4____________9S___________7W________40_______1860
- Jones James M._____________4____________9S____________7W______40_______1859
- Jones Jane____________4_______________9S______________7W_________80____1859
More Arkansas Land Records
- Aaron's son Jackson, married Mary Holcom, 4 Jan 1853.
- His daughter Clara A. married C.M. Gentry 20 Sept.1855.
- Mary J married John Halligan, 20 Oct.1853.
- James Marion, married #1 wife Margaret, maiden name unknown.
- With her he had one child a son, William.
- James Marion married for the 2nd. time 15 Aug. 1872 to Cintha Melissa Halsell.
JAMES MARION JONES
JAMES MARION JONES
1837 Born in Drew County Arkansas__.
1850 Drew Co. Ark. census.________13 years old.
1862 Drew Co. Ark.______________ 25 years old. Enlisted in Confederate Army.
1870 Drew Co. Ark. census.________ 33 years old. With 1st. wife Margaret and son.
1872 Lincoln Co. Ark._____________ 35 years old. Married 2nd. wife Cintha M. Halsell.
1879 Decalb, Bowie Co. Texas.______ 44 years old. Son Jackson A. was born.
1880 Sevier Co. Ark. census.________ 45 Years old.
1886 Miller Co. Ark.______________ 51 Years old. Cintha M. died.
1900 Grant Co. Ark. census_________ 64 years old. Living with daughters.
1908 Grant Co. Ark._______________72 years old. Attended a Confederate reunion at Leola Ar.
1910 Grant Co. Ark. census_________ 74 years old. Living with daughter and son-in-law.
1916 Grant Co. Ark._______________79 years old. James Marion Jones died at the age of 79
years. He is buried at Cross Roads Ark. in the New Hope
Cemetery. Cross Roads is about 8 miles from Fordyce Ar.
1880 United States Census:
Bear Creek, Sevier, Arkansas
Family History Library Film
NA Film Number
This photo was taken in Dallas Co. Arkansas . The year was 1933.
Clinton Buren Jones
Born to Jackson Alexander and Ada Jane Atchley Jones in 1902 in grant co. Arkansas. He married Connie Essie Green in Dallas Co. Arkansas in 1924. He worked through the depression years for Sam B. Horn sawmill located just outside of Sparkman Arkansas. In 1940 or 1941 he moved his family to Shorewood Hills Arkansas between Malvern and Hot Springs and worked for Renalds Aluminum Co. for 26 years. He died in 1977 and is buried in Sparkman Cemetery in Dallas Co. Arkansas.